- Wear light clothes and comfy slippers or shoes when walking around town.
- Carry mosquito repellent with you.
- Don't change all your money all at once, change only what you will need for the day or two.
- Plan your day ahead of time, this will help you to make the most out of your holiday.
- Try to carry a mobile phone with you in case of emergency, you can buy a prepaid mobile card in any shop on Mahe,
Praslin and La Digue.
- If you have children, apply sunblock to all exposed skin areas and make them wear a hat, the tropical sun can be very
unforgiving to the skin.
- Carry a pocket-sized map with you incase you get lost or need directions.
- Keep your hotels contact details with you at all times incase you need to contact them quickly.
- Chat up the local people, they are very friendly and quick to make conversation and ask many questions, some may find
this rude but take no offense, it is just the easygoing lifestyle of the island. If you are lucky enough, you may even get
invited to a creole party.
- Enjoy as much of the creole culture when you are here, after all, you may make it here only once, so eat the food (be
careful its spicy), drink the drinks (jungle juices are for those who can hold their liquor) and dance the dance (hippy
hippy shake style). You just might leave with one or two creole words in your vocabulary.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables before eating and cooking, and don't leave food outside, uncovered, it will attract flies.
- Use Air conditioning in your room only if it is really necessary, it is a major cause of sore throats among visitors.
- Unless you have a veterinary licence and/or permit, do NOT bring any animals with you on your holiday.