- GDP per Capita (at market price) = SCR 122,865 or USD9,028
- GDP growth rate = 0.7%
- Inflation rate = -2.4%
- Gross External Reserves = SCR 2229.9 million
- Economic mainstay: Tourism, Fisheries and Financial services
- Relies heavily on imports
- Balance of visible trade = USD 460.2 million (Deficit)
- Current Account Balance = USD 272 million (Deficit)
- Comparables as per Standard and Poor‘s rating = Fiji islands, Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
- Strong fiscal performance
- Primary surplus in excess of 10%
- Budget surplus in excess of 6% over last 3 years.
* Source = Brian Commetant, Director Policy, Market Operations and Statistics Division, Central Bank.